Saturday, December 26, 2009

La ritournelle

Hm, returning back and setting feet on the soil of Lucknow was not as special as expected. Things seemed so in-place that I felt as if I've never missed anything. I guess I was expecting a City-17-kinda crumbling landscape to really feel shocked and nostalgic again, and draw images of the once-a-great-city. Perhaps a goat market on a Friday would've put me to tears.

Even the cold here is bearable. S and A were shivering like its the ultimate coldwhile having a fag at Kapoorthala last night, right before I was to comment on how disappointingly manage-able the weather outside is. Next on schedule is Novelty for 3 Idiots, Chowk for Matar Chaat/Bhaang, Koneshwar for Kesar Milk and Gomti Nagar (for nothing, really).

UPDATE: A couple of things that initiated the reverse transition:
1. Makhan malai - "They're increasing in numbers", my ma commented on the M&M vendors.
2. The winter party next door...garden, angeethis, chairs draped in white, and nawaabi guests

No comments: