Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Returning heavy on salted potato chips, boondi laddoo, and delicious cuppas of chai, we await the dawn when we shall be revisiting the neighborhood temple. Azad wiles his time on Youtube, Abhishek loitering between rooms, while I luckily get to catch up on ManU vs Chelsea, my rightful dose of football after a long while. ManU leads 1-0 at halftime! Second half done, I'll get busy with the psychedelic animated imageries of either 'La Planète Sauvage' (1973), or 'The Illusionist' (2010). Then there's the deep thought over Loqly and AKS to deliberate on - interesting things do come rare, but this time, this week, I've got my bagful. And there's more outside of the bag and outdoors. Too bad if I see it wasted away in the jumps, or in hours of slumber, or the animal farm.

Still 5 hours to go. I wonder if our swaying state of partial-slumber consummates into a fully fledged sleep. We are eager to visit the temple in the morning, for sure. What for? Not religion, not some uberfraulein village girl, not to alleviate our homesickness, but for the taste of Bhaang, which is abundant in supply on the days of Maha Shivratri, and Holi. It was Monday that we made this committment. Not even Abhishek's holy days of abstinence go against the consumption of this drugged milk preparation that is available legally, mostly across North Indian communities - like the ones here. Consumption of Bhaang is a tradition. And we totally plan to abuse that fact! As confirmed by me at the milk dairy in the morning, and by Rao and Azad from the guards later in the day, happiness starts flowing at 7AM.

Chelsea just scored early in second half. I'll make some soup.

No comments: