Saturday, June 07, 2014

Vagabond mode refresh

We're traveling fast. Small villages zip by, the countryside illuminated partially in the half Moon. It has been 6 hours of the train travel, and 10 more remain. I'll be home, Delhi. That is all to get excited about.

Now the lesser exciting part. The journey has been taxing. My ticket, which got done late, in aftermath of the Yuva Express incident, was booked waitlisted, and it remained that, hence was canceled. So I hopped in, ticketless, initially accommodated in the antechamber between the bogeys. Sadly, this initial accommodation seems to be the final one. Even the TTE, who was a cool guy and quick at friendship, had reassured of finding me a seat about 7 times, but that apparently hasn't worked out owing to the crazy vacation rush. (In a week's time this situation will end, the more traveled of seatless brethren around shared). Surat and Baroda went, but the seats remained packed.

As a backup I made another quick reservation, in a midnight train that would take 30 hours and get me there no sooner than Monday morning. But so great was the allure of reaching Delhi, that I decided to set out, come what may.

I'll take it as both a bad play of luck, and punishment for being too lax earlier.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments: