Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Solution to my mimsy self

Recap
I expressed scorn at 2 parties i went to for the selection of music and dance

Continued
I think I got too critical. I found there was 1 major cause for that: watching TV during dinner time. That develops your instinct to move towards the food plate instead of dance floor when thumping loud music is played. You just grow accustomed to laziness even when the best rockers on planet are playing, because thats what how associate food & dance.

Just like about 9 yrs ago when my friend introduced me to the very beautiful Cindy Crawford images he had at his PC (running Win95). She was dressed in little clothing. And the program his computer vendor had installed for image viewing was Corel 5. Hence double-cliking the image ran CorelPaint, which started with a splashscreen with baloons, circles, etc on a green background. Somehow that splashscreen just got printed in my memory because of what it was associated with.
So in the next 1 year, whenver I visited any friends of mine and found that program, I asked them to close the door, expecting something equally entertaining to come up on clicking on Corel Icon. At relatives' place I would blush. I just had related "Corel" to "Sexy Images".

That computer nescience lasted only till 1997, when I got my first PC.

No comments: