Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Is that sci-fi in the dump?

Recently, lots of articles have been debating over survival of sci-fi concepts in today's society. The same thing that revolutionized the progeny 50 yrs ago looks bleak in shape now.

I, myself am not a big fan of sci-fi. But being a handshake distance away from my PC, I always find something related to it over WWW. Recently "I, Robot" was based on Isaac Asimov's concept. And now people like Corey Doctrow and Charles Stross are making an effort to bring it back. Here's one very good article relating this: http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/article/0,12543,676265,00.html

It seems as if the millions of souls on the planet lack, not creativity, or originality, but direction and expansion. I know of many people who have their own concepts of space, time, evolution, and of course, aliens. But their ideas are too bleak and underdeveloped to stand strong. But then everybody wants a job where you get to wear golden rings on all 5 fingers. Why'd they want to mess up with something that lies buried for some time now?

No comments: