Monday, September 27, 2004

Typical of us

Today at the party, one act where most of the eyes were rooted was that of a couple - both second yr students - dancing and romancing together. The boy was about 5 8", wearing a low-cut jeans and dark designer white shirt, and the girl about 5 4", dressed in stunning black dress which only went as far as her heels. For us its something out of normal and surprising. It does not usually happen when you are in process of learning i.e. in school or college. Even if you fall in love during college days, relationship is kept very clean and philosophical/fun.

Their chemistry worked well. They held each other, like they wouldn't separate till the end of time.

Unfortunately for the most of us, it was first time we were witnessing display of affection in public. And it drove people frantic.
Whenver they smooched, all around me burst into cheap laughter and claps; and me enjoying, not the acts of the lovebirds, but the antics of the crowd. At the same time the feeling in my mind ranged from anywhere from embarrasing to shameful. Some of my good friends, whom I thought highly of made really ugly comments at the girl and that just repelled me away from them for the rest of the party. I know I myself long for such times, but I don't think I'll be doing the in future if I myself have a stigma or fear or disgust attached to it. I don't see it as something to hide, but at same time I don't see myself mature enough for it. Hence the lack of a girlfriend of mine.

Luckily, the couple, either didn't notice or didn't give a damn about the whistles and woo-hoos of the crowd. They just held each other close, and synchronised their movements to perfection.

No comments: