Sunday, September 27, 2015

uprooted and sorted

No drumrolls, but this week has been more sorted. Too bad it ended up sorting me.

Sortedness
========

Studies: I got my nose back into the books. For my 'crowd' its hard to start, so the messy, wet, sloppy experience of (yet another) start will soon be cruise sailing.

Orderliness: for all the data that I now own, it was begging for consolidation. I have found meself wasting so much time over 'that photo' that I sat and made a lotta buckets through the day. Sadly, it is kinda addicting to do that with one's own pics, and I might lapse into this addictive habit regularly until all that content is available for immediate consumption.
Physically running through folders is still quicker than on any software I've used. Tagging is amazing, but the first cleavage should be a file-to-copy-file effort. Now lemme look for that copy of Windows Commander. (Update: it is now called Total Commander, and still available for upto Win 7!)

Externality: Over the week, two tiny lives have given me the only reasons to step out. I've fed them on three consecutive days, including today. The local nexus of the cobbler, the tobacconist, the chaiwallah, and the cassette wallah, look over them with great care, and even in the middle of a bustling market with a lotta traffic most of the day, the pups are healthy, happy and feel secure. They are very playful, more so after a hearty lunch like today's.
I had to drag them out from under the parked cars by their tail, those sleepy heads. They were lazy to boot, but once they came out of their dream and realized they were in another one with a lotta food and a human, they were in high energies and played for a long while (or maybe the rice helped increase their sugar levels, which is what promoted activity).

Sub-new: Blackrat's new OnePlus 2, on which we had a sub-sub-new: 4k video shooting.
Our memories now exist in 4k. To consider how far we've come in a mere 15 years, in terms of resolution, from 172x something, which is approx 0.1k, to 4k; and our minute-long videos that barely exceeded 40MB on older digicams (cameras dedicated to recording stuff), to this 4k res on a phone, which generates a ~400MB file for the same.

Work: in doing new stuff, the old stuff didn't find time. Makes for too many post-its on my walls.

Unsortedness
==========
Work: Got fired, now feeling fried. Luck strikes early, or finally ends.
New lows for somebody who didn't imagine all such this strife.

Advice for losers
Another low?
Whattey blow!
Break the flow,
Take it slow.

No comments: