Thursday, January 15, 2015

The D taboo

It escapes the contours of my face and lands between death and apology. It's a coincidence, and sad to realize, of what is to come. Deaths and apologies. A very nervy state, indeed. It doesn't help that I'm officially working towards a certificate course in the ugly endless Greek argumentation; first milestone - make it ugly for oneself.

As unfortunate as death is, it is the law of nature. What is unfortunate is being reminded of it, like they trust I don't get it; the reminding of empty hallways and the void. People around my home are strangely indulgent about their deaths now.. I wasn't prepared for that when I had come here expecting the worst. The worst is now at hand, when everything seems alright, but the psyches.

Here's my cent on not being so imaginative - the Halting Problem. That no program can tell if it has been halted (terminated). Consciousness probably suspends inifinitely at the moment of death. One will not know when one is dead or if one is dead. That simple. Then what's to worry about?

The dead ones are those who have imagined themselves as that. There, too, lies the contradiction, that if somebody has prospected a future where they do not exist, and considering they don't suffer from thanatophobia, then there needs to be no concern about the future. But spare time, and being an audience to people in bad health and bad tv shows will have them concerned.
I thought death was a tacit agreement we made when we came to live. Let us focus on the part where we live, then.

No comments: