Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Was du isst

Remember the adage "You are what you eat?" Well, I've kinda taken it backwards. Right now I'm having a hot cup of coffee mixed with apple vodka. That exactly conveys how I am - full of random shit and cheap thrills. Tomorrow morning I might try an omlette stuffed with cauliflower, or lentil soup mixed with some scotch - perfect to convey my twisted morning routine (and justifying it, too). Lest the vodka gets me, I'll try being sane here.

The weekend went past in a flash. It was a pensive weekend, though. I was 'pensing' over a lot of stuff that might never even affect me in my lifetime. That's usual. But thankfully, RF's win at the Wimbledon washed the bad taste of the weekend away - the taste of both the spirits - Absolut, 100 Pipers, Teachers 50 - and of chocolate cake of questionable quality. And speaking metaphorically, the bad taste I was carrying over the weekend, of a cracked friendship, was washed away upon my return home yesterday night as well. Now only if the cracked screen on my camera could also heal itself in some way... but life never comes perfect (just like I can't get Dilli girls going topless in front of me).

Today was, in brief, wasted. I was begged to come for work. And deceive the work, I did, gracefully. That's usual. Bought this book at 50% discount to sit next to my workstation, about these witty banners that Nana Chudasama - the ex-Mayor ex-Sheriff of Mumbai - would have put up on Marine Drive; now I could at least have valid reasons to be distracted. Its silly that when I get out to find some headphones or running shoes on discount, I don't, and end up buying some book in a bookstore instead. All end of season sales are on, but I don't know where to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ein Schones Blog!