Friday, July 20, 2012

Burn Burn

As if the Delhi weather hasn't abused me enough, I have a love spot on my wrist after yesterday's frying incident, and also managed to let an inanimate matchstick pwn a guy like me - twice this morning.

The mugging heat has left me quite down - I didn't even step out the entire day yesterday (yeah, it translates to 'screw office'). There were plans to hunt for my writing surface of choice (see: Paperkraft), or an affordable bike pump, or just a stroll down to the nearest mall, but none happened. I was, instead, taken by lethargy and sleep - the perfect drug when everything out there is a cheap imitation of what things should be.

Unlike the day before, the evening saw no action. Just a short visit to the rooftop to drill on some mathematics that I much need for starting on my cutesy coding projects. Carried some non-alcoholic concoction and my portable speakers to the rooftop in all my classiness, assuming that curbing these urges might as well help me focus. By the end of this session, I hadn't exactly achieved what I set out for, but the wall saw some strange pencil sketches, especially one with a pair of eyes drawn around sockets in the wall with my pencil jammed into one of the sockets - a gruesome sight.

I'm not humoring any half-assed travel proposals at the present, since its almost sinful to keep dormant my strong lust for adventure. Friends are vicious in that way, that they keep you held up, for not much reason. They are friends, in the first place, because they manage to influence our behavior (we hold so little connect in our trade or passions, after all - social theorists, go at it). I'm probably heading out somewhere in the next couple of weeks, regardless of any company or not. Burn myself away.

No comments: