Saturday, October 30, 2004

Review: Prodigy - Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned

Just got the album. And found it not worth the moolah, to summarise.

While prodigy continue their psychedelic beats, this time it doesn't grow on you like their earlier beauties(Fat of the Land). And I'd like to blame this on the selection of vocals. Irritating. But Prodigy's not to be let off the bench too, for their beats bear similarity to many of the games I played in the early years of video gaming. Not their trademark stuff. Brings up a lot of questions. Where is Keith Flint??? Why did it have to turn girlish???
Occasionally they bring up the imperious beats in opening of some tracks, but then they descend into perpetual blandness. Their electronic stamp is somewhat missing, for they tend to move to Chemical Brothers like music, who are undoubtedly master of their genre. Only a couple of tracks - Spitfire, Get Up Get Off - are worth the time.

Makes me "smack my face up" for gettin the album. But I actually read some other reviews over the net after to writing my own one, and they suggest it grows on you slowly. Lets hope so. Otherwise, Prodigy is having a disastrous phase.

I might sound like AABF21 (for the simpsons fans to know and the initiated to find out), but its just that I've heard much better albums recently.

No comments: