Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Scalding Hot

Good start to today. Had a bath with scalding hot water - the (masochistic?) sensation is somewhat like being pierced with needles and gives my sensory nerves something to do after hours of nothingness. This was something diametrically opposite to having bath with freezing cold water at Kedarnath (where I had the distinction of being the only one not squealing - as if being violated - upon pouring the first mug of water). If nothing, hot water gives good blog ideas. Too bad that the human body doesn't expand upon application of heat the way Kerala papads and corn do, or half the world's spam email problem would've gone away.
After bath came a cup of tea, after which a bi-monthly shaving routine followed. The tea just got over. The shave was a long affair which, again, required warm water. Also on display were the greatest standards of दरिद्रता as it has been eons that I last switched razors, mainly because I can't foresee a shave until right when I'd feel like it. As a result of this ignorance, the process that generally takes those Gillette men the length of an ad-film requires sitting through a soap opera in my case. But am quite sure I'll be equipped with a new one in another 6 months time. Positive.

There isn't much to complain, since its an early start, but for the fact that it's 1AM in the morning, and that I'm trailing by about 18 hours. The day that went by saw my great contributions in haggling with Dell over a replacement battery, fixing up the telephone line, tanning one half of myself by sitting at the threshold line of the room sideways, making lumpy chocolate sauce (later combining it into something awesome), tinkering with some javascript code, and - not to forget - sleep accompanied with vague dreams. Delhi isn't cold, but people say so; I'll assume it is since I can generate fog with my breath now.

Had a talk with a friend, to whom the latest "whats up" is being in the fringes of a relationship with a ballerina instructor. The talk then led to the fact that everybody is upto nothing. People are holed up inside their homes with the same eat-watch-sleep routine for months now. In objective ways we all are on the same field, feeling deserted by the companies who filled us with great promises; maybe we can play football that we're there.

ps: a dedication to the cute mongrel standing against my friend's car window, attracted by the smell of meat, oblivious to my presence inside. a dedication to the friend as well, since it was his birthday that we were celebrating then.

No comments: