Thursday, November 27, 2008

Overnight

I'm net-happy again. After repeated complaints to and assurances from MTNL folks, yet having nobody show up, I took the law duplex wire in my own hand. And now its fixed - working, rather, since I have no clue what sets it right. It has something to do with just going near the little plastic box they've installed and pretending to tighten its screws even when they are already so; do that and it starts working again. Maybe my modem is some narcissistic living organism. My blood boils when even technology comes under the जुगाङू umbrella - the way how everything in India works.

Will now diverge frm what I was gonna say since the gravity of the Mumbai incident is settling in, its beyond imagination. The last I'd checked on it - when Rohit called up from Mumbai to convey that he was alright, there were 'some unknown blasts' in south of Mumbai which had about 10 confirmed dead. Now there are 87 dead (our Anti Terror Squad chief included), 200 injured and 5 star hotels and hospitals being held hostage. Its been over 7 hours since and as the situation becomes more vivid to viewers like us, it gets even gruesome. New blasts, new blood. The country will have bitter fodder as it wakes up. It's sad.

No comments: