Wednesday, February 02, 2011

We have promised for Kashid. Alibaug. Whichever and however far we could reach the next Saturday. It is a spirited discussion, and spirited commitments – Azad would have to deny Jayant, seemingly his only male friend outside our household, and his girlfriend(s) whom he schemes to knock at our adobe every now and then; Abhishek would have to deny his Uncle, and overcome his general lethargy which sees him doing nothing beyond imagination over the weekends; Mohnish doesn’t seem to have any blood relations to keep him busy, but his very urban lifestyle of movies, alcohol and television will have to take a sacrifice (well, not so much, considering the latter two would be a standard feature of every guest house there); Rohit has…umm…I don’t know – something – to give up on…he’s been too frivolous lately with entertaining his friends, his friend’s girlfriend and his sorties with Azad to feed at night, to claim of a schedule; I have my world to give up on – the ambitious goals set during the week, the discoveries of the weekend, the bicycle rides, the treks into Aarey, the arthouse movie marathons, the intrusive thoughts, the likelihood of cozying up with girlfriends in flesh or just in thought, the eventful deflowering of my new headphones to my assorted musical collection over Winamp, the planned cricket team practices, the impulsive shoppings over the discount season weekends.
Just a week before the World Cup begins, I’m expecting a large crowd trying to compensate for their couch weekends with one off it. It should keep us hassled, harangued, howling.

Could be in some other place at this fitting moment. Taking dirty pictures – with a Sony Alpha, or with the old horse N75. Headbanging. Smoking. Smoking up. Not watching world cup cricket matches reruns. Not making a monkey of myself rofl-ing at my roomies under intoxication attempting to rape each other with Antiquity bottles and screwdrivers in hand. Not engaging smart people with my trifling, though cogent drunken ramblings. Not listening to Zdarlight by myself under the entrancing spell of my noise-isolating headphones.

No comments: