Friday, February 18, 2011

Mystery caller at 3AM

The other gender has me surrounded - from funny interludes in the physical world, to externally controlled subconscious physical stimulus much like 'Inception' (I never imagined even Ms Padukone or Ms Kaif had their eyes on my prized parallel worlds theory), to this [which follows]. Hollow pride, perhaps; but it's worth recalling the fact that I was woken up at 3AM in the morning to a tender female voice.

Being woken up from my early sleep, I wasn't pleasantly surprised, but surprisingly displeased. The voice itself escaped my memory. The people I had always assumed to be calling at this hour couldn't set the diaphragm vibrating this way. Initially perplexed, my attitude tuned to being blunt and blithe. I inquired.
She introduced herself to me as Sameera, a college student who had been new to the city, and had been unsuccessful at finding a social circle. In her moment of need she's ringing random numbers, looking for a friend. Her story smelled of those caller scams. "I would've talked even if there was a girl on the other side," she replied to my inquiries.
Over the next few hundreds of seconds, humdrum followed. Being woken up from a sleep is irritating, unless there's a tiger sitting at somebody's doorstep or a flying saucer swallowing up cows at somebody's barn or somebody who just accidentally set their pubes on fire. After a while my casual unconcern made itself evident upon her, and we decided to hang up.
I missed on having ended it with a killer dialog
You have pretty much hooked up with the guy of your dreams, only that he had been too busy in his own dreams. FAIL.
I've been trying to list out scams that could follow, but probabilities seem little. Only one - that somebody calls back only to find themselves losing money at a Rs.10/min hotline - seems possible. Has anybody else had such an experience? Has 9920272065 (Vodafone, Mumbai, GSM) ever disturbed you?

No comments: