Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Horrible setting of events, wonderful conclusion

I cheerfully woke up expecting to go for some joggin with friend prior to my first day at college. Found out it was raining outside (even tho it rained 1st time after 4 mnths, it was unwelcome frm my side. why'd it hav to be today??). That ruined all my hopes of shedding 0.02" of waist for the day. After that a long period of slackness, followed by rush to my new second-home(college). Found out today was an empty day. Just some paltry talk with the management, and enquiries abt how my year would be, and that was it. Came back home sweating like a pig due to all the moisture in air today.

But the worst was to come in 2nd half. I had a nice time till 5PM. Played soccer in the rain outside, ate lots of fruits, fragged some purposeless souls, Simpsons. And as night great, I came back to my love interest, the PC. While I was working on it, a sudden fluctuation, and it turned off. I has removed the UPS bcoz it was giving problems. Turns out, BAD MISTAKE! SHOULD'VE GOT IT FIXED TODAY ITSELF. So next time I boot up, it says it is having prob with a file, and won't even show the booting screen. No method seemed ot work. I hastily turn up at my friend's to disrupt his dinner and connect my HD with his PC. Did all that could do. To no avail. I come back home, with sullen face, like I just lost a comrade, KIA. Then I decided to do run scandisk thoroughly using bootup floppy.
Meanwhile, my parents asked me and my brother if we'd like to order some dinner. We finally agreed to a food joint, turns out we dialled to a jerk who was just having fun with our order. Hence, wrong num for 1st place. So I call up the 2nd place. Turns out, that was the num for 1st one. I call them back, it says their chain exists only places very very far from whre I live. That was gone too. So I called the last place, and turned out nobody was responding. Bad omen. I became tense over the unlucky instances happening in the past few hrs. I explained to my brother that the supreme powers don't want us to taste delightful treats today. But he insisted I call up a friend to ask the number. So I did. He only had number for the last choice of joint.

By the time that ended, my HDD scan was finished. It threw up a bad sector (ah, to my pity, this would be 4th time in 9 months I'll have to go back to replace the HDD) message. I had saved the erronous file somewhere else, so I replaced it back (working copy), and then Windows started, checked disk thoroughly, and spit out that I had 16KB in badsectors. But my account came back normal. Ah!
And we dialled the number my friend gave to me, and it worked. We placed order for some really satisfying food. MMMMMMMMMM

Finally it all came back to normal.

No comments: