Monday, August 02, 2004

Gods come home. Finally.

Delhi, the capital of India, where my abode is, had been declared drought-hit area this year. Strange, because this came right after it received record-breaking rainfall last year, giving all the residents of Delhi, and all the farmers in surrounding states a state of elation.
Today, right now (5:30AM), outside, is the first time it has rained this summer. Ah! the scent of wet earth is just intoxicating. My soul seems regenerated. The nature and I reveling in the change of skies.
I wandered around outside, finding that nobody had woken up from their sleep, after watching India go down to a defeat in the finals of Asia Cup (cricket) last night. Anyways, I had some quality time outside, even though people usually advise to avoid the first showers of the season. Lets hope the weather gods show more mercy on us in the coming days and give us some overwhelming weather!

1 comment:

Ritesh said...

Good to hear about Delhi. My mom has been telling me about the extreme heat and rain crisis in my beloved city. I have been away from the city for a long time. Right now in Colombo.