Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The kid with golden touch

He was the "thing" in my school when it came to computers. At a small age, his knowledge surpassed that of our computer teachers, and his logic could let an adult down. I don't know much about the past, but he must've won a lots of prizes in computers, seeing the respect senior grade teachers had for him.
We became friends when we represented our schools in competitions. He was two years younger to me, still had infinite knowledge about computers (not just programming, everything) than me. Told me he had bought his PSII from money he made by coding over net, at 15, when i was getting familiar to turning the PC on. And he was planning to mod his other hardware too.
I don't have a clue, but when I was around, I never saw him winning any medals. Hope I was not Jinxing him. Still I never doubted his knowledge. But I couldn't relate the cause for failure.
And now he's in last year of his school, preparing for SAT, and his aim is to make it to the MIT. I wish the very best to him.

No comments: