Monday, February 09, 2009

Before Sleep Takes Charge

I'm having itchy feet again. Delhi doesn't feel a bit intimate and I'd be better off continuing my state of indolence in some distant tea-stall on any morning. Its into the early hours past midnight, and the night breeze should soon be flowing in, making its presence felt on my feet that rest close to the door. But these winds are bland, not because the winter rains skipped Delhi this time as a consequence of which there is no moisture in the air, but because they don't associate to anything that lies, lives, or breathes around me; they are not a reminder of anything, they don't 'pack' Delhi in their currents; right now I might as well be typing away in a spacepod built to resemble 20feet of my living radius.
The routine is turning into too much of a leisure, and today would be another day when I'll go to bed in a few minutes with an intense belief that the most fruitful day of my life would follow. I wake up to the irritations and irregularities of weather, followed by irritations upon my own self through the day in soliloquies (and the seldom company), and end the day with irritations about the weather again - much like what all the other Delhizens do. My balcony doesn't have a perspective, which somewhat prevents me from dreaming frivolous (that generally comes with things 'vast'). Things are going slow.

Being much homebound, all that I'm piling up is tabs. It will be a personal moment of triumph when the tabs - 26 on opera, 7 on chrome and 2 on firefox - would come to a close; but its hard as a single tab has the potential to lead me into a thousand other pages.
I should write more. Yes.

No comments: