Monday, May 11, 2009

Suck on this chocolate

Hey lady, would you like to suck on something inside my pants?

This morning an aunt handed over a chocolate bar (Cadbury's Dairy Milk Whole Nut) as a compensation to my discomfort of having to drive her to the railway station at daybreak. Sweet times. But also reminded me of the last that I had chocolate, and the misadventure it was.


Doing the dirty clean-up job. Desperate times don't ask for dignified measures.
Rewind to 2 weeks in the past: Mmm, the sensation of dark chocolate, topped with sweet stuff and dry fruits.
Rewind 10 minutes back: On the Sangla-Simla-Chandigarh bus, window seat, asleep. Mobile phone rings, and I reach out for it in my cargo's pockets.
Rewind an hour back: Taking back my portion of E. Wendel's, a dark chocolate from Poland that Deepak had brought me. I had deposited in our collective chocolate box during the trip.
Push forward by an hour: I take the phone out from pockets, half-asleep. As I bring the phone closer, an odd aroma suddenly hits me; it's that of chocolate. I come back to all senses, and find myself holding something coated in black; and my hands - they are also coated in that same stuff. I dare to peek inside my pockets, and its lined with 'it' as well. HORROR!
Push forward by 10 minutes: My cellphone has been restored to its earlier state, thanks to the wet wipes that Bhabhi-jee was carrying, and my own contributions to sucking out the melted chocolate that had seeped inside through the speakers - reminiscent of the marrow from inside the hollows of a bone. My pockets are a mess, but a solid mess, thankfully, for as we gained some altitude close to Narkanda, the melted chocolate solidified again; now the task that remains is to scrape out those solid chunks from every corner. This is what sparked that fun thought (on misogynistic lines) in head mentioned at the start.

By the end of the day, my cellphone stopped working. Amazingly, it was the SIM at fault, and not the phone. It is brave of my old cellphone. It is really quite old now, and has been on the brink of death several times.


This is what I finished off my chocolate with...sweet offerings and dry fruits from a temple between Sangla and Karcham.

No comments: