Tuesday, March 06, 2012

In Waves of time

This morning started in a blur, as I weaved my way through dense twilight traffic - of trucks, mini-vans, tractors, 'call center' cabs, and an assortment of motorbikes. Catching the first light of the day at 80kmph, shielding meself from the sand blowing across the highway. Whoever said about being really optimistic on the mornings was right, but whoever associated mornings with some primitive purity were wrong - here I was eagerly decorating myself with layers of highway, for reasons to which 83% of friends would give a vegetable expression to.

By the second wave of the morning i.e. following the ride and the chai, I was under displacement once again; this time a usual run, at an unusual location. Noteworthy were the flesh-red flowers lining a part of the track. It was a decent run. The more I run, the more I'm assured I could give any girl a chase with great success - Mr. Chopra, Mr. Kapoor, and Mr. Grover would appreciate that fact. While on the discipline of fitness, its surprising to find a lotta 'lifestyle' morning-walkers zombie-walking on the tracks, breaking my run a lotta times without guilt. These people are ridiculous. Reminds me of my parents.

Third wave of the morning with Aloo Paranthas and Dahi, among a wordcloud of 'doomsday', 'americans', 'culture', 'indianness', and of discussing Delhi's best spots.

Fourth wave, on wheels, terminating with my arrival on the JNU tennis courts, to find bad clay and no game. Had things ended otherwise, I'd have combined two mornings into one, like a boss. Soon followed - despite the no-game at the courts - an extravagant dose of fruits with Yogi to boost up the body.
Then a retreat, but not before a consuming affair at the NP. I reach my 'hood, finally, ~1400.

No comments: