Wednesday, November 14, 2012

No show on Diwali

Filaments of smoke make in through the grille and the sounds constantly play hockey in my ears, but I do my best to shut myself away from these revelries of Diwali, and shift my mental frame into a day in the past, when I was somewhere really special.



Right now, I should be at Dayara Bugyal, or somewhere on that route spanning two ends of Uttarkashi - Dayara to Dodital to Darba Top to Hanuman Chatti. The intention I'd set out with, was to be lighting up a single candle firecracker on this day, at that mystery lake which mythology managed to claim as the birthplace of the Indian elephant god. I did set out, but I returned too soon.

Wish I could imagine myself there. Wish I weren't to suffer the violence of nature's economy or of the manipulative (to its means) human spirit. Sometimes we desire for freedom, but our body itself would not agree to this freedom and make its own demands.

No comments: