Friday, August 15, 2014

Ffffriday's Independence

Independence is a plate of fresh rajmah-bhat after a day's unpacking. The very feeling of 'being in chains' comes from things that don't inspire or push you, and the unpacking was like that, and now that it's done, it feels like freedom.
Coincidentally, it is India's Independence Day today. I totally empathize instead of the usual sympathize - when constitutional freedom came I wasn't around.

I also empathize with the audience of Salman Khan's movies. I feel in the same trough that they feel in, to be pulled to the magnetic animalism of his high-budget movies. I watched the movie for over 10 collective minutes inside an hour. It was decadent, and I was liking it.

I have since moved on. My lunch is dinner. My tennis is canceled. And strangely, my washing machine ran away with a rickshawallah - people fall in love with old inanimate objects all the time - who was to get it here 3 hours back; they're probably making out in his apartment right now. What am I to expect?

It's Friday, I'll just pray for shelter against any Rebecca Black memes.

No comments: