Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Ending

These are last scribbles from the place that I called home for the past 20 months. As the rule goes, the way it has ended is very different from the way it started. I am wholly changed, roughened out to life's papercuts.
What follows is a few months of flux. There's a lingering insecurity about many things, career being one. However, thoughts misplaced in temporality are unnecessary, so let's move on.

Managed to pay tribute to what has been the highlight of my stay here - the ruins. In the 800-year-old Qutub ruins, now taken over much by forest, it has felt an honor to run and explore. Last night I went out for a final visit, and played hide and seek with the moon and the thunderclouds. Broken, again, I returned, which meant a happy ending.

Farewell C215. You've given me a better understanding, if nothing else.

No comments: