Saturday, January 29, 2011

Before sunrise

I am broken out of my short spell of sleep, yet another incomplete one, yet another one on the couch, with the ringing of the phone in my ears at 0430. The voice on the other side gives a spring to the rest of my frame; I sit upright to take my mind on a fantasy journey of seeing those faces, of an aural infection, and of stepping on the Himalayan soils. All happening soon, I promise to the voice on the other side.

I enter my inbox, eyes partway open, partway fatigued, still puzzled about whether the early start holds any utility. What my eyes fixate for the next minute bring a spring to my being.
Floodgates of a distant heart opening -
a sea of emotion, a swell wave coursing towards me,
as I languish along the shores lost in my own thoughts,
sweeping me off my feet for a moment, reminding me of all that once was.
“It must wait, it must stand the test of time,” I once rephrased, and so I do again.

Then Comet picks me up from the ocean floor and takes me far away into a technology wonderland. Reverse Ajax, Push, Pull, Open-Get… I linger for a while around these innards of what makes the world spin. Nothing poetic there.

No comments: