Friday, January 14, 2011

Schrodinger's Cat wouldn't Believe This

"Camera ghar pe thaa toh ghar par hi hoga", or A -> A, or Anti-Schrodinger's Cat.

"Ma you don't know discrete mathematics, stop arguing with me." I had an animated argument with Ma over the premise (or a collective tautology) of our arguments, which were based on an earlier incident of my camera having been found frighteningly missing.
"Camera obscura be at home, if I be" I laid the premise. (X -> Y)
"If it be where ye say, it be here since yesterday," laid Ma her premise. (Y -> Z)
X -> Y
Y -> Z
therefore, X -> Z
But Z is X, hence X -> X

Schrodinger says that his cat might not remain where it was. My Ma says it would, if it was. Whose theory holds more weight? I think the cat would vote for the latter, since it implies it doesn't end up being gassed (like those who chase Pepe LePew) - she's grown so tired of it.

No comments: