Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nutritional deficit

Another new. I tried having a reasonably-fed day, and found that I'm, indeed, incurring a daily deficit in amount of my calories. [That matches the financial deficit I coincidentally happen to be in, but that rant is for another day.] Having rid myself of the charms of mouth-watering Chhole, Samose, and Boondi (the types made as offering in temples) right down the street, I find that eating under discipline could pose an equal health risk to me. There is just so much that I need to count for, and with the options around, its difficult. I had been tracking myself - the morning apple, the snickers bar(s), the cappuccino, the Sub.

After foreseeing a grand deficit as the day neared closing, I had to surrender to being social - and even then, the South Indian fare of Vadas and Masala Dosa only helped me so much as to halve the deficit, but not give a full cover. If I were a labourer and had to work at a construction site each day, I'd develop some fatal disease by the end of my third sack of cement, probably. But thanks to being that man behind the machine - that most of us have grown into - I can work (which involves mental faculties and dexterity, but no mobility) despite the starvation. My shortfall of yesterday measures 563 - also to consider that I burnt away 564 just in the cycling to the South Indian place.

Today, this far, I've been keeping myself regularly fed. I'm almost halfway into the day, and I've counted for almost half the daily need, which is keeping with the expectation - but beverages make for a third of those, so that's something to be wary of. Khichdi's gonna be next, to make my day.

No comments: