Friday, October 19, 2012

Puppy Crush

Last evening, came home from a run, to shrink in horror of seeing Pup-2 lying lifeless, jaw open in the agony of his last moments. He was a month old, at best. It was only in the last week that we had noticed this litter of 6 flopping all over our neighborhood; since then I'd been a regular benefactor towards their nutrition.

I love dogs, unconditionally, and seeing one whom I'd assumed guardianship turn road meat, was very sad. I was also the one to carry his still-warm body to the garbage dump. [Coincidentally, 2 days back, I had dreamed of disposing a dead dog]

Being 99% sure that it the deed of some local car owner, who carelessly backed out from the parking without any thought of having a tiny life at the mercy of its wheels, nobody could be blamed for this. But this afternoon, I acted 'proactively', and plastered these around the neighbourhood:


My one bit.

No comments: