Saturday, September 07, 2013

Back here, with new taste

For the whole of last month, I was in alien environments - but mostly comfortable, since this time I kept myself to the Indian cities of Bombay and Bangalore.

The first thing I did upon touching base was what I - being a Delhiite - had been desperately missing. Me and my Dilli-wallah dost P, share some things in common, this being one. With gang-rape being Delhi's favorite team sport, somebody might deduce that I'm talking about something degenerate.  Not really, unless you count fat-laden food as something degenerate. I had a plate of Chhole-Bhature to mark my arrival back home. The way it is programmed into the parietal lobe, Chhole Bhature could be the shock therapy to Delhi expats to restore their sanity.


Since this log has normally segued into food, let me do a quick best-of over the past month:

Bombay/Mumbai
* Berry Pulao (@ Britannia)
* Amrakhand
* Strawberry Yogurt
* Crab [in black pepper]
* Mutton Biryani {thanks NM}
* Cheese Tortillas (@ Shiv Sagar, Pune)
* Stuffed Capsicum
* Tahri

Bangalore/Bengaluru
* Steaks (@ The Only Place)
* Steaks (@ Thulp)
* Traditional kannada(?) chicken {thanks Mahesh}
* Dosa and filter coffee combo (all over the city)

I was also offered some delicious Hyderabadi food during my journey back. I don't know names of either of the two dishes, but one was something egg and the other was a variant of lemon rice. Both were worth gorging on, although the spicy overtones successfully corrupted my tummy (as anticipated).

No comments: