Monday, December 16, 2013

Out on dawns

Being out and about at dawn. It is theraputic.
These coupla pics are from yesterday. Today, in sharp contrast, Delhi has such dense fog that visibility was negligible when I left out; and the friseur claims it has gone worse with the morning, and observation I didn't really look into. I enjoyed the surreal scapes fog draws, and the surroundings - a lush green cover on 3 sides - make the outing worth it.
It was a relief that I didn't ride out on the bike this morning. It would've been risking life, and worst of all there would've been no one to blame. The ride itself would've been cautious, not the ideation hour as usual.

These are dogs playing in the smaller park, which is an anteroom of sorts to the bigger park inside the ramparts. In Urdu we call parks बागीचा, and in Hindi we call 'em उपवन | With the rising cold (or dipping?) the numbers have shrunk - today I could neither see anybody, and only listen to the karate club practising.  Here are the resident dogs playing.



This place reminds me of the movie Rocky II. It is situated atop the ramparts of an old fort, and one needs to run through some bush, and then climb stairs to make it here. The view is breathtaking, and so are the silhouettes against the rising Sun. That is me.

No comments: