Sunday, May 24, 2015

morning duties

Oddly sane morning. Broke out of the spell of work and code. Went out for a ride, it was a fast one, where I averaged over 26, and surely hit 30 many in those cadence-peak moments. It is hard to do so with a bike with slipping gear-shifts (thanks to a worn out rear cassette that has been calling for replacement since the last year), and a phone the dimensions of a brick in your backpocket that felt gone on any bumps (and Delhi roads have many). Here's to a bit more tuning to the days. I've been on tuning for the past month, but in the past week the force seems strong.

Well, I keep breaking my routines, and then having these resurgent phases where the first few outings induce striking reflections, a commoner's beginnings - idealistic, sometimes-lofty, over-indulgent, over-promising. I guess that doesn't just apply to cycling. Indulgence should keep to action, only then will it be tolerated. Indulgent traits in me continue well into home, like right now. I might not be projecting lofty futures, but surely appealing for some.

So what do I do on a morning where things have started with a fix to a nagging code issue and a full hour of cycling? Sleep.

No comments: