Thursday, April 14, 2011

Film rolls

Finished with a roll of FSA200. Last shot of chacha-chachi in PD's bedroom against the setting sun. I was later appalled of the brain stroke that prevented me from composing it in a better way - against the bed with some curtains and rolling windows and the weapon stash, for example. The penultimate shot, and a couple preceding, were spent on the rooftops in the panoramic view of filth and downtrodden living that has come to represent Mumbai in the international stereotype of all the Slumdog Millionaires.
This roll debuted on Kashid trip, day 2, when the village girl summoned me to my art; I had been dying to get it over with. In the span of a couple of months it gathered broken fragments of my history at Kashid, Mumbai, Lucknow, and Mumbai again.
This baby sure needs Mahatta treatment for all that its been through.

Also have this roll of ILP100 (2014/07) waiting to be developed. It saw its end on Kashid trip, day 1, with me lying on the beach sands against the last pasty rays of a vivid sunset. I forget where all it has been to - I suppose I had it in KQ when last there in the penultimate week of 2010. Aditi was yet to arrive from Canada. Mostly shot the dogs, and a family shot which I expect to come out special. I forget all the other shots from this one. Time will tell. Mahatta will tell.

A third - if memory serves me right its a FNP100 (2009/09) - already lies at Mahatta, developed. Blackrat has been very sincere in keeping me bleeding and begging to pick it up and send me the scans. However, moving to Delhi would simplify things. I might be moving back just for Mahatta.

So three rolls - 108 frames - of memories await.

Add that any more that I spend at Ratnagiri, which is on cards for the weekend, right before I leave for Lucknow, back for good. By calculations, I would have 24 hours of sightseeing, counting out the 16 hours on the road, and 8 hours of Saturday night's anticipatedly-invigorating sleep. My arsenal has been decided more by the urgency of decay - 1x Sensia 100 (2009/04), 1x Kodak BW400CN (2008/02), and 1x Fujicolor Superia 200 (2011/07).

No comments: