Saturday, April 09, 2011

Frailty

The whole day feels ridiculous. It was badly planned, for one, and a meaty subset of my narrow set of friends overlaps with the ‘asshole’ subset. This is another day of failed commitments to my schoolmates, much due to geographical boundaries, and occupational inconveniences – it is like we were destined to be mutually disinterested, especially seeing the way one or the other among us has been canceling each time.

Yesterday was fruitful, and fruitier as well, compared to the literal dust that I’ve been chewing on this entire day. Had plans to hook up with schoolmates at Yogesh’s in JNU, but had to cancel that at the last moment - Yogi was uncertain if his plc wud be all to us tonite, plus Ghoru wont come, plus Parth canceled out as well, and Anu wont respond. Horrible, horrible.
To top that, my ongoing binge with a couple of friends – Shaurya and Anubha – came to a premature end when their sincerities and realities got lost in translation. I sat there, observing both one deep gaze at a time, preparing my commentary in my head (which now lies lost in my mental maze), and occasionally saying things that I thought were wise as well as sentimental/distracting. They broke up by the third shot; only two for me as I was supposed to be the designated driver who was to first ferry Anubha home, then maybe Shaurya as well, then meself get to JNU on the motorbike. Now they both must be halfway passed out, halfway chuffed out, and at their respective homes. I wish they’d have lingered on till the main course, for we weren’t even halfway with the starters… this poor guy munched on a Mc Aloo Tikki later to sublimate his horror that stemmed from the situation.

Back in the bastion, too, more misfortune awaited as this guy loitered about the campus due to miscommunication that had him locked out for a while. Looking back, all the aggression and haste that went into the transit back from CP was flushed away in the hours of annoying wait. More of the misfortune, when he found about the sad shit that Vodafone’s 3G is. More of it, when he could only locate fakes for “The Fighter” floating among the torrents. Frailty ensues.

No comments: