Friday, April 20, 2012

Why I’m not on Facebook

The convention about something unconventional would be to prove that you’re in the “cool” part of the unconventional - something that sets you apart is the real deal, and that you gotta have a neat philosophy behind it. However I personally share an uncool fact about myself.

I am under-social (as compared to un- or anti- ). The curious case of my missing mumbling head on the social networks has been taken up in questioning a few times, only to see some loose-ended answer(s). It didn’t strike me, that this had a connection with my inner romantic. It is simple once you read the previous line in context. If it isn’t, the connection being: that why I connect less with people is because I connect more with the images of people, some sort set profile in my head. Yes, typical of an introvert. And mind you, not the same as a deranged person, who invents people in his head. This, being a notch away from reality, yet not constructed reality.

So in a way, people become "my people". These "my people" now live a virtual life, inside this giant head of a sim. Talk about a museum, and you could see me a curator. Talk about parenting, and you could see me a parent. So my people are an ongoing process in optimistic thinking - with my belief in reformation, even the black heads get a polish. Sometimes that seems the only way of staying happy around everyone.

No comments: