Saturday, April 28, 2012

Last Song

मुझे पीने का शौक नहीं
पीता हूँ ग़म भुलाने को


At the time of the accident, this was the song playing on my iPod, that was connected to the car stereo - a minor detail, that will remain in memory. It was almost like my last words, gaadi ke marte dam par... a defense against the volumes of spirits I'd consumed on this night in Jamshedpur(esp that infamous Singapore Sunset).
Under heavy influence of Pearl Jam's Last Kiss ca. 2007, I had kept that reserved for the background track to a high speed crash. But laughably, crashes don't come with a calendar entry in Outlook. And luckily, I wasn't weeding out body parts by the end of the day.

Right before this song, was the chichora track from Raja Babu - "आ आ ई उ उ ओ मेरा दिल ना तोड़ो" - on the playlist. Damn, wouldn't that have been an embarrassment.
I should start maintaining a list of songs that STRICTLY shouldn't be played on wrong occasions, like when handing the steering to a lunatic under the influence of alcohol. Something tells me this was coming.

No comments: