Sunday, October 13, 2013

Enervate. Childhood.

It is an ideal coincidence. That for the first time i felt like having Horlicks, as is, in the powder form. Both baby brother and me would love that way of ending our kitchen's stock of Horlicks/Complan/Bournvita/Milo in the growing up days. (that, and a powder called GRD, ooh that sweet sand). It not only brings back childhood memories of a small D5 University apartment (flat), with that mesh on the kitchen door, that we'd push through and walk out of with the same ingredients as I do as of this present moment. 

It also brings back something more important: focus.
I am living out of childhood for a while. I could say my childhood continued into my early twenties. That strife, the will to be (without knowing what it was about), the unordinary moments that combined to tune me to a happiness I call my own.

It was the worst Caturday evening, yes, even worse than the usual ones. Among unimportant things in life, I saw the movie Gravity. It was an overwhelming experience. Not the movie, but the ticket price, of 1400 INR. It was the highest affordable cinema experience possible, and I had it today.Why settle for any less, right? Turns out it  actually robs of the moviewatching experience - the gentle slopes ensure that the furniture rudely peripheries the vision cone,and  the the speakers sound soft. It feels too airplane-y (though I'd have better things than watch movies on an airplane). But let me assure you, this enervating experience had no part to play in the forementioned recession into childhood.

No comments: