Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wisdom to job, or not

It is really happening. Wisdom appearing over the horizon. It's a bad thing, but like all bad things that i've tried (and successfully quit after sampling with experience and comparison with thought), I'll be into this as well.

In wisdom, I'm looking forward to working in Bangalore. In wisdom, I know that i can keep OTL happy with that, even though i aspire do a lot more. I just hope Bangalore doesn't stick. YOLO. I'm only gonna be badly misleading a corporation with temporal expectations this once. wisdom of the wrong kind, I know.
Madhu - the HR head - was the voice at the other end today. Yesterday it was Rajesh and the last week it was Akilaa. Madhu has the most affable personality of the people I've spoken to. They were pretty eager to speak with me. Might even want me there by the 23rd. I have short time frames to look forward to.. it is indecent the way things are turning out.

I've been asked to list two references, one - if possible - from Accenture. I didn't hesitate in an affirmative. Pulling back Accenture strings means A. choosing which part of the hierarchy to call B. Tracing them down. brings up cruddy memories. How things were once!
How things are now!

I have been sane enough to keep a list of the people who I'd worked with. These become my 'references'. The first is easy: D. The next is a three-way split among those who supervised me in Accenture. I was reminded how I'd stored their names under their nicks (back in the day) - mama, chacha, and tau, going from immediate supervisor to the manager. (those innocuous insidious talks in the cafeteria under these nicks, only the ones into the cabal knew what we were talking about.)

--
1600: thinking to bail out! bail out! it's still too early find yourself fried enough to take up a claustrophobic office job, 9 to faiiive. i hope D comes up with a miracle bad recommendation.

No comments: