Sunday, January 17, 2010

some Konkani fair

Alright, so I stepped into my second fair since gaining the title of being an adult. The first one was a month back, i guess. And I played my first game at any fairs today - the simplest, least decorative of games, purely because it reminded me of the annual science expo we used to have in our school, Montex; that game was a really simple science project at display, with a monetary incentive and a high risk attached. I sucked, I lost. But at least it was better to have blood momentarily pumping in excitement of the game, than feeling like being punched in the nose (that makes you go numb in the nose) at a 'freak show' that I'd gone to on my previous fair: it had a lousy make-believe girl-serpent with a real girl's head and a fake serpent's body, a tap floating mid-air that had water gushing out endlessly, a floating rock, a girl with no body. I paid Rs 10 for that embarrassment.
I'm so over fair games that make you feel like you can almost win at them.

No comments: