Monday, September 26, 2011

opinions and weekend

Settled on some opinions in life:
  • That my lolicon choice in anime is the silver-eyed, frazzled-sunset-brown-medium-length-haired, size-28-ish, 5-foot-6-ish, purple-silver-halter-top-wearing generic female stereotype.
  • That India is in a state of comic-book rot. Chacha Chaudhary, Nagraj, Super-Commando Dhruv... oh gimme a leash. Squirrel Girl - whose character came to life in the Marvel world with my onset of puberty in the real world - put it best in one of her panels (on whether she liked comic books): "I do. That was back when comic book worlds were places you wanted to escape to... not from."
  • Debating helps people solve their identity, as well as digestive problems. I hereby warn all my friends of having their blood on my hands, if they get honored with some lifetime achievement award for contributions to a mere theoretical framework.
  • I know you're being a dick, but why should I?
The weekend had me leaving my trail all over the city. I plug myself into several mutually-independent social circuits and make myself believe that I'm completing a social loop of sorts; imagine the current pulsating; am a capacitor when at my best, an infinite resistor when at my worst.

Friday 0800, I got up. This body then carried on with no fucken sleep through entire Friday, when post-office I indulged, after a long time, in all the elements that consisted of 'kailash-colony pub quiz', returning home close to midnight, then carrying on in an eager lingering state for a 53-km cycle heist early morn. Early morning, and out eating dust and managing not being run over by trucks of every make, seeing prostitutes signing off for the night on Delhi's more secluded roads, undulating terrain of the Arravalis, car crashes and carcasses, and then back home by 0715 sleepy and totally flushed of nutrition, to be followed with an epic and obscene recovery phase on the balcony.
Short of breath, short of sleep, I managed a bath, following which I left for the North of Delhi, which had me first visiting my alma-mater, and then visiting my home grounds of Kamla Nagar, and gorging on (unarguably) the best of Delhi's chhole at Chache Di Hatti, and Kake Di Hatti for Lassi - what once used to be a usual routine with friends.
Then I was shortly back on the saddle of my bike for Kalyan Vihar for a social visit, where I realised how loaded on food I was, when a mere glass of water had me feeling things floating upto my neck.

Did I mention how sleepy a state I was in by this time? Well, very. Then I continued towards Karol Bagh, riding half-asleep, where my sleep was occasionally broken by a traffic jam, and once by gently colliding into the rear fender of a scooter. After some struggle I made it to my destination - JNU, where another draining couple of hours of Tennis followed, following which I made to my cousin's which was the be the final destination for my day. But another 3 hours of awakefulness necessiated, as be the social protocol. So in the meantime I feigned enjoying VAT69, gorged on chicken and samosas, and feigned enjoying The Lawrence of Arabia. Sleep finally got me at 2200 - 43 hours later.

No comments: