Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Look, some black squares!

This, yes, this, was how you'd have found me through half of my day. Doesn't look particularly appealing or productive, does it? The couple of guys besides me at the office would be thinking I'm having some denial phase, or performing some pre-Dussehra ritual to bring fortune and prosperity to my home. What I was upto, in fact, was a cyclic moment of nerdiness, that cycle having long come under arrest and taken to rust, and only now seeing some labored movement, owing to the demands of my employer and the resulting diversionary delving into AR (that black square thing being a marker that can make parallel universes sprout from your palm).
Slow creepy day, in retrospect, spent in a half-dazed resulting from yesterday's dash to Nzm to bid a second farewell to Shiv, and then return late in the night - a night that also involved the prostitute chronicles. Hard to hate humanity when the social circles involuntarily narrow down to a few beaten-down faces between the hours of employment that hold no common thread to debate upon, and are as adventure-less as our moms.

Another anthropological observation made today, that despite having an entire population of jerks, the men still find reasons to invalidate the opposite gender and find their arguments and expectations frustrating, particularly after experiencing the things that trend in a housewife's head. This would be due to a difference in perception of the necessary security devices. Indoor worlds, ideal worlds. If we take "society" or "culture" as an accumulation of security devices, this brings to a conclusion that the women in a household are truly the beholder of our culture - a culture of always-expanding hyperbole of security devices.

Day flows into the next, and I'm still awake. Somebody save my eyes and my head.
Wonder if she wakes me up this morn, as I've been hoping she would.

No comments: