Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Delhi prostitutes

UPDATE: Prostitute at my doorstep.

Funny condensation filaments - that seemingly jut out from the fields along the R. Yamuna to my left - make a convex shield-sorts above me. I occasionally gaze up to collect and make whatever i can of this fascinating sight that reminds of aerodynamic flow, and pedal along, and eat some more of the road. Surprises to the common man returning home tired, as a cyclist zips by, whistling to signal his approach.

Surprises to this cyclist, as his eyes steal a scene from the city's underbelly: a couple of prostitutes (ugly and man-like, as be the norm), sticking out from the dense grassy growth along the road, not far from Akshardham (to think that religion and sex don't mix, hah!), seemingly fixing their rates with a couple of freight-auto-wallahs, one of whom looks a boy of mere 12 (but at least somebody's compensating for me by starting out early; 'maintaining the balance', as we say).

Insert King Crimson's choral verse to "Ladies of the Road" here:
All of you know that the girls of the road
Are like apples we stole in our youth.
All of you know that the girls of the road
Been around but are versed in the truth

I had been lusting for a look at this Delhi underbelly in a while... a couple of my friends having a general sketch of my intentions [well look how everything's in couples today]. As I'd explained to my friend Mr. Mojo earlier over chat:

3:13 PM me: well i'v nvr seen one on del roads, even when cycling late nights
3:14 PM the most depraved populace of this country must surely have something going under the blanket of night
3:15 PM just cant believe they eternally manage with their right hand
3:16 PM *or left, not to sound insensitive to the right-hand-handicapped
3:17 PM i should create a blogpost announcing my intention! 
It has been a long while since such a sighting, back to the days when this was a regular thing back in Mumbai. They all looked like those crossdressing comedians from the Comedy Circus show on tele, so creepily alike and in-their-skin performances that it made me question those comedians' lives outside the camera gaze (but in the end I'll have to credit the sincere makeup artists, I guess).
Those poor freaks.


And to continue our conversation from above:

Mojo: i saw one being picked behind LSR.
3:21 PM transsexual walking in the middle of the road, big white car passing, slows, rolls down window and has a chat. he-she enters car and the car speeds away
3:22 PM then once, at the DU metro station, i got off late, around 11 and as soon as i got out, this 40-something woman, well covered except her face, looked squarely in my face, and beckoned me as she moved back into the shadow under the small constructed hut type canteen thats there
3:23 PM me: wow, DU!
 Mojo: yes.
3:24 PM me: maybe she tragically turned into a half-werewolf, which is why she was hiding in the shadows. might've been beckoning you to chant some magic spell.
3:25 PM Mojo: i didnt wanna say this, but she lifted a loose fist to her face and moved it
3:26 PM me: aww, a half-werewolf who wanted you to buy her a toothbrush. cute.
3:27 PM wait a minute, i'm being too naive
  she might've been asking for pork sausages
3:28 PM Mojo: when the LSR incident happened, i was with Froggy. when we were in college
3:29 PM yes. must've been German educated, where its how they indicate their hunger for sausages with such actions.
3:30 PM the moving into shadows mustve been to indicate her need need for them to be BBQ'd and not steamed
3:31 PM me: cud never be too sure unless you'd asked that troubled lady
3:35 PM i wonder if we cud organise a prostitute flashmob in Delhi
 Mojo: hmm. and call it Roxanne Night
  and they all put up a red light in their bras.
3:37 PM me: Delhi Lolitas
3:38 PM Mojo: there was a hotel called lolitas near mine in Bangkok outside which girls sat wearing pink school dresses
3:40 PM me: lol, sounds like somebody's running an adult literacy cartel
3:46 PM me: threesome differential calculus classes
 Mojo: ?
3:48 PM me: just an ideal way to spend time after picking up two of those pink school dressed girls. make them sit and solve coordinate geometry stuff - the ones in "Part C" syllabus, not the easier "Part B", in mathematics in XIIth. they'll soon be screaming in pain.
  "well, the way they were dressed, they asked for it!"

No comments: