Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Finally heading back

"Chalo, shukar hai, iss baar to hua" is the general phrase used in my geography, when something reasonably simple has been unreasonably out of reach. Sadly I, too, have been affected by this reason of unreason - thanks to our rail booking system, I had been held captive in Hyd since the past few days. That I now sit with a confirmed ticket to Delhi in hand makes the general phrase a personal one. It has been a relief for twofold reasons: I screwed up in the first place, and got away cheap ("should a single mistake cost this much," I kept asking myself until this day); I held on stubbornly to my love for train travel, and got what I wanted without making this a total farce (note: "total").

I will return back with a feeling of having lost three days in Delhi. But I could take it as having ffffound three days of curtained seclusion in this unfamiliar land.
More to follow up soon.

PS: even though irctc site makes for a subject of poison and ridicule, the recent changes of blocking multiple logins (enter Captain Obvious) is FTW

No comments: