Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Maxing out on sleep

Oh boy, sure am having the best of sleeps in this new place that I've moved into (and that I'm now supposed to move out of - but that's for another narrative). I've occupied the innermost room, or the "pimp room" as I call it 1. This room sees no light, which is fabulous for my purpose. I could not tell day from night unless I steal a peek at the watch on the Windows 7 dashboard; I could not even tell whether it was 12:58PM (with a coupla' hours either side) without having performed the aforementioned. It is this kind of place I find myself comfy in, and the body is as the body does - it makes the best of everything. No wonder why I'm rousing into wakefulness at 12:58PM writing this blogpost, while I should be out there either working or pwning CISF jawans.

The sleep is so good that I'm not dreaming anymore. That kinda worries me, as I've always found my dreams - as weird as they get - to give me really fun analysis to do through the day. There have been no french girls piggybacking me lately, no dogs with oversized jaws chasing, no murders to investigate, no hanging out with dead friends, no sorceresses making out, no deaths, no snakes. If Freud had me under observation, he'd pull me out on the grounds of sleeping too peacefully. Maybe the weird part of me stems from this interface between my conscious and subconscious, breaking which might just make me less abnormal, which I dread! Freaky is good sometimes.

At a more worldly evaluation, I've already expressed how it affects my professional life (which I'm expecting to terminate soon - but that's for another narrative as well). Besides that, now my "regimen" also bears a fractured look - I didn't go out this morn as well, much like yesterday, which means that my sub-90-minute half-marathon ambitions will not be realized this Sunday; I'll probably be running like the other gazillion who show up in the name of validation.

*1 with an ulterior vision to convert it into a base for the debauched (okay, exaggerated word usage), so that friends come expecting a death, and really do find it here. Death, here, means an overnight re-appropriation of one's worldly (and otherworldly) concerns - and the modes of death being an assortment of alco, (evil) music, (evil) conversations, flavored hookah, tobacco, cannabis indica, bob hope, and Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche readings. Note the emphasis on evil - yes, it has to be, so none of your Justin Bieber, or Arcade Fire, or Coldplay, or T20 cricket get involved.

No comments: