Thursday, September 20, 2012

10k deserves sleep?

Sometimes things feel like perfect, until some aspect - so blatantly ignored - knocks at your consciousness, and then you find yourself consumed in that. For me, it was sleep. And sleep is one thing that inspiring performances cannot evade, but rather only ask for more of. A sleep of 5 hours clearly didn't cut it.
A 10k run clearly didn't help either - no matter how inspired I was to have dragged myself out from my 'pimp room' (which sees no light) at breaking dawn of 0530AM, taken on the mongrels running the streets in the hours of the night, skirting the bad patches and the garbage dumps (that shrivel the nose and spoil the S. Delhi experience), and made it to Yogi's to finish my run, and in its aftermath get my motorbike back home, zipping at 90kmph with my beanie helmet and tears streaming from my eyes.
I reach home tired, and despite that, take an appropriate shower, was clothes, make myself a great omelette, and get ready for a solid professional routine by 0810. All that, until I take to the bed, and wake up 3 hours later with the guilt of mismanagement.

The sleep was much-needed, so I can't curse myself. But I sure could've slept a coupla' hours earlier than I did - modern communication marvels are more like personal doomsday devices, and as much as I love staying close to my gadgets, I loathe them all the same. [did wake up dreaming about someone's tits, but dreams are not to be trusted, those untimely puzzles to the subconscious]

Things couldn't have gone worse, with my motorbike picking a puncture enroute, which made an hour vanish from my day like magic.
[While at the repair shop, however, I was fascinated by the local fauna - a black bee (what we call भँवरा bhanwra), a red wasp (not the yellow ones), and two sneaky spiders]

No comments: