Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Romeo fail

This was the line I used on a (female) friend a day back, before we were to catch up on lives, in the company of the Agave bomb aka tequila.
me: romeo and juliet and tequila
friend: i aint any juliet :D

Sure I scared her. But it turned out to be a day for Romeo and Juliet, indeed - the cigar brand, let me clarify, in case someone had assumed something else. Romeo Y Julieta Puritos, to be specific, a lot purchased from that sole cigar store in GIP, Noida that now seems to be on the course of bankruptcy (their main stall shut down and they stack a narrowing variety now).

I'd tried one on the Mukteshwar trip, and besides the novelty factor it didn't impart much flavor to the evening. I tried one yesterday, and it was the same dull experience. One clearly doesn't make friends on these Cubans - the draw is light, the flavor is just that of smoke, and the lingering aroma is negligible for any occasion. This was after I changed my choices, being promised a fresh stock of these against an older stock of what I was gonna purchase earlier.

My cigar spree was at its peak around the same time last year (blame it on the Monsoons?). The Cohibas were much better. Even the Monte Cristo cigarillos (which people say are of residual tobacco, and not a 'cigar' anyways) got more likes. On the level of phony, the Phillies chocolate cigars were also okay and had a dense draw.
R&J are just a disappointment. I've got three cigars left, and unless somebody asks for it right now, I'll be spending them on evenings with wannabe-cigar-aficionados who will smoke anything that burns and looks like a cigar - the taste of good alco shall probably mask the cigar experience, as it did yesterday.
[yesterday... yesterday... yesterday...
no don't cut to yesterday, i just got here
]
[see: BFM 9]

No comments: