Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Night journeys

Upto something new tonight. The mention of tonight itself is somewhat a new thing in my routine of late - usually at 02:52AM in the ongoing cycle, you would rather find me either vacillating between dirty dreaming and sleep, or snug asleep altogether.
The possession of a bed could be a reason. The unmotivation of my circles a second reason. The lack of a reason could be another. In the present, these hours give me little to do. Other reasons are bubbling up the mental broth, but I could be called lazy for stopping at three.

In the past I would've been tab-switching my way through the night; hot talking on forums; replying to emails, days of collaborative dalliance into technologies; not to forget the everyman's embarrassing admission of 'human body research presented through crude simplex virtual interfaces'. Plugged into music, GBs of unheard peer-influenced tracks. There would also be a book to accompany my night. And three awesome people to chat with, which - trust me - works better than caffeine (of which I never got a kick from, anyways). A lotta data packets moving back and forth at my behest. Memorable nights of discovery - from the birth of gmail to goatse. Nightly routines always brought out something original and/or intense.

To comment on now... wait, lemme catch my sleep first.

No comments: