Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Databasing Her


I walked into the server room. She led me. There was only one thought on my mind - if she would let me see her database schematics. Her database engine looks pretty amazing - robust and also secure; I would have to study that very close, a body of research work that nobody needs to know about, but just me; it's all top secret here, and I had to sign an NDA to get this close. I imagine that I could, later, gain access as an admin, with permission to execute INSERTs. Were an INSERT possible through, both - the usual interface, as well as the backend - then it'd be like a prayer answered.

I could keep making my COMMITs which she could always ROLLBACK; and I don't mind that. It is even possible that she might choose to (or agree to) revoke my privileges after a while, but I don't mind that either. I'm a hacker, and the hacker's mind is always keen on studying systems and making an exit (speaking for white hats, only).
Hackers are useful therapists, too.

No comments: