Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Livid over mainstream music

The past 6 months, i believe, have been horrible from the artistic point of view, especially in music. No virtuoso performance lately.
Where's that song that glued to the mind for weeks, forcing you to slap yourself bcoz it was driving you nuts gone from the scenario????

"Rap" (and S&M) has been the worst thing for America. From my viewpoint, it promotes free violence, free sex, and continuous hope for the flop artists. Just every black artist wants to become rapper now. Where's that old-fashioned enriching music??
And putting parody, flatulence-standard humour, and obscene gestures topped off with dumb lyrics is actually making it really work!!! Shame on the audience. I'd kept a look on the charts for a while, and they tell me music standards are at all time low.

This other day I was with my friends in a food joint, and they were playing the #1 song on US Chart. My friends bcame vexed by the song, and when I told they were playing the #1 track, they laughed frantically and commented western music was going to doom.

No comments: