Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Dreams - Transforming My Identity

Wow, even though I haven't seen any movies lately, and not given any thought to human sufferings, or my friends, or sweet romances, here's what I woke up recollecting after I took a little daytime nap. This is just overwhelming to me:

On small island. All friends. We soldiers. Facing a heavily-guarded German coast.
We make advances in the water. Intense artillery forces us to return back to our side, and we find few of the enemies following us and entering our domain. We surround them and pin them down to get an explanation that they are civilians. One female. 2 males.
They seem emotive as neither of the two men want to leave their homes to join the army, but they have to. They tell us they'll have to return back to their side for their responsibility towards their nation and family remains unfulfilled. The first man tells me, that the girl is his fiancé. I speak to the lady, trying to cheer both our souls, and she responds with tales about their unending love. Profound emotions are visible on everybody's face.
I speak to the 1st man, and tell him that when the war's over, and if he's alive, and gets married to the beautiful lady, spare a moment and remember me, somebody who would wish luck to you (even if transitorily). And remember how savage man still remains, for he's intent on killing his own brother for supremacy. And how you can invent all the technical dealybob, but nothing to stop the propagation of greed, jealousy and fictitious morals.

No comments: