Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fundamental Units

Can you name the fundamental units of measurement....
did you get all the 7 of them correct? Yes, 7, there are 7 of those. And its one for each, so, of meters and kilometers, only one survives - the meter.
Now that I'm certain that you didn't, and that a many majora won't, consider that the world isn't even dealing with 7 quantities, as of yet, and we already call it so complex. There's some relief to know its not so complex, but there's the climb upto complexity that both scares as well as elates us.

For mirth, I could add that money being a most fundamental benchmark for life, should be adopted among those fundamentals as well. Then there'll be m/kg/s/A/C/mol/cd/$. Money would be the only unit with an entropy, lifelike. That would give us a great snapshot of the history of humankind then.

Too bad that even though money is so engrained into our lives, yet among our core insecurities is so far fetched a fear in the mind (to the unshrewd mind) that it isn't realized as one. Probably that is what people define 'maturity' as, honing that sense which makes us believe in something [wait, wasn't that religion's role?] I can see myself being uncomfortable with it, so by deduction I can assume myself immature.... which is what I surely am.
That means my theory works! - if you want proof then flip the screen around and try typing "You're the DUDE §"

No comments: